sábado, 22 de octubre de 2011

My own psalm of lament

My God, my God, why have you betrayed me?

Why have you let this happen?

The one I serve and protect has turned against me.

After I looked for his interests he abandoned me.

He stabbed me and turned the knife inside my guts.

Those who I lead despise me.

They try to take me down.

They don’t find fault in the work of my hands

And they turn to question my integrity.

I’m denied my right to confront them.

Without any knowledge they invent my story.

Others are talking about my life

But I’m not allowed to talk.

My God, my God, why did you bring me here?

I’ve called you and you have been silent.

I’ve asked you to take me away

And you have not responded.

You are all mighty and the power belongs to you.

You know I didn’t want this. I just wanted to teach.

You know I wanted to leave. It didn’t have to be like this.

My God, my God, come to my rescue.

Open the doors that I may leave.

My Lord, I belong to you.

Wherever you take me, please keep me whole and help me live.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario